CINCO DE MAYO
CINCO DE MAYO is observed around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride. The same date where two hearts are united as one. This blog is about celebration of life, hopes, aspirations, memories and thoughts of a couple destined to be together forever.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Not nuts over this doughnut
Last Sunday, Chabs & I had the opportunity to finally sample Krispy Kreme's famous doughnuts and to a lesser degree, their coffee at it's Greenhills' location. Having a very sweet tooth, I've been waiting for this moment eversince I read from the news that the owners of Max's acquired the Philippine franchise of Krispy Kreme.

Chabs & I always pass by Krispy Kreme's store at Megamall & everytime, it's overflowing with customers. That only bolstered my excitement. And finally, the moment has come. As we entered the well lit store, we were greeted by the guard & practically every member of the staff along our way to the counter. The line was not that long & the wait time was ok. As we waited, we can't help but marvel on how the doughnuts were made by a machine. Yep, from frying to finishing?

We ordered a dozen of assorted doughnuts and a capuccino for me & a cup of mocha for chabs. As we waited for our beverages to be served, we turned our attention to the flatscreen tv adjoining the counter showing the last minutes of La Salle & Ateneo's game 2. After a few minutes, our drinks arrived. This is it! I sunk my teeth at the soft doughnut (i don't know what variety) & immediately squirmed. Man, this is too sweet. Even for me. Chabs too, felt the same way. Looking closer, I saw the reason why. In addition to it's usual finishing, the doughnuts are glazed. This is one doughnut not for diabetics. One bite can send a diabetic to the hospital I suppose. All of their doughnuts are very sweet save for the original(?).

I was mildly disappointed by the taste of the doughnuts & I thought the coffee couldn't be worse. And I was right. Their capuccino was ok except for it being too hot (I burned my tongue). And if my coffee was ok, Chabs' Mocha was downright bad. You couldn't really call it mocha. It's closer to tasting like cough syrup. hehe

Overall, our Krispy Kreme experience is disappointing at best. Their saving grace is their nice stores and friendly personnel. Aside from that, nothing more. One is better served buying doughnuts from much cheaper alternatives like Mr. Donut, Dunkin' or Gonuts Donuts.
posted by Vince @ Wednesday, October 03, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: pearli
Home: Philippines
About Me: wife, driven. master of multi tasking, fun and loving, sweet and innocent.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called for flickr. Make your own badge here.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER