CINCO DE MAYO
CINCO DE MAYO is observed around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride. The same date where two hearts are united as one. This blog is about celebration of life, hopes, aspirations, memories and thoughts of a couple destined to be together forever.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Where am I from?
One of the things that really annoy me is when people ask me where I'm from & I say I'm from Cagayan & they think I'm from Cagayan de Oro. I get that most of the time (like 9 out of 10 times). Hello? Did I mention de Oro? I come from Cagayan. Yep, you heard me. Cagayan. Not de Oro. Just Cagayan. As in Cagayan, you know, the Valley. The province sandwiched by the Cordillera & Sierra Madre mountain ranges. Where the longest river in the country is found. Where... Ahh! I hate it when I have to explain that over & over again.

And wait, the annoyance doesn't stop there. When the differentiation between the two provinces are patiently explained, then comes the kicker question. "Ilang oras ba pag nagbarko papunta sa inyo?" What the hell?! How on God's green earth can you go to a place beween two mountain ranges on a boat ride? I mean, use your imagination. Or better yet, use your common sense. This is the time when all civility & good manners get thrown out the window. Did I not just explain that we're between two mountain ranges? I just don't get it. Why can't some people be more sensible? Spare me the stupid questions please.
posted by Vince @ Tuesday, November 27, 2007  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: pearli
Home: Philippines
About Me: wife, driven. master of multi tasking, fun and loving, sweet and innocent.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called for flickr. Make your own badge here.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER